The dining room is where the entire family, relatives and guests sit together to enjoy delicious, hot meals. This is why, you would want to feel very proud of this space, irrespective of the size. This room must complement your personality and make anybody visiting your home feel comfortable.
Thinking of revamping your dining room? Given below are few decorating ideas for you to ponder over.
- Colorful runner: Do you have a dining room showcasing a neutral, simple design? If yes, you can spruce it up using an assortment of runners in sundry colors. This will help to add a pop of color in an otherwise simple décor.
- Curtains: Even though it is the light fixtures and of course, the dining table and chairs that are meant to steal the show in this room, you can create a diversion using vibrant curtains. They can really bring a playful element to the overall appeal of the room.
- Statement lighting: Lighting is all-important when it comes to setting the right mood. When you are inviting your friends over to your house for dinner, it is not just the food that they will be coming for, but the whole experience. Even though cozy lighting must be the dominant feature, it doesn’t mean that you cannot add a bold sconce. Statement lighting is getting dangerously popular in home décor.
- The ‘showstopper’ table: The days of matching-matching table sets are long gone. Today, it is all about making a bold statement and being able to stand out from the rest. You can maybe get a rustic-looking table, but surround it with abstract, modern chairs.
- Contemporary chairs: Colorful, trendy chairs in different colors can be added to a traditional dining table in order to uplift the mood. You can also put transparent chairs as it will be more fun for the kids. Even plush sofas and cushions can be added for heightened coziness.
- Benches: Do you want to bring the outdoorsy feel to your dining room? You can make everybody feel that they are sitting and eating in a park by placing benches around your dining table. It is a great way to increase the seating space.
Now you know how to decorate your dining room, but do you have an apartment of your own? Buy a 2 and 3 BHK flat in StarOm Millenia and get creative!